In this category you’ll find crochet and knitting books and other sources I recommend. I will gradually update this list.
Books I Recommend
- The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches, Reader’s Digest 2003 – Over 900 of awesome stitches for knitting and crochet enthusiasts of every level.
- Learn to Crochet, Sue Whiting, Creative Arts and Crafts – A great guide for beginners with a lot of instructional photos. Key techniques. 10 easy projects.
- Super Stitches Crochet, Jennifer Campbell / Ann-Marie Bakewell, New York 2008 – Essential techniques plus a dictionary of more than 180 stitch patterns. Beginner friendly – there are awesome instructional pictures.
- The Knitter’s Palette, Kate Haxell, Quid Publishing 2013 – A workbook of color and texture techniques and effects. – An interesting approach to knitting techniques. How to work with different colors to create awesome textures.
- Knits at Home, Ruth Cross, 2013 – I love rustic designs. If you like natural colors and are looking to decorate your home, this is a wonderful sourcebook.
- http://ravelry.com/ – Obviously. If you’re looking for patterns, this is the place to go.
- http://www.garnstudio.com/ – My favourite place to stack up on premium quality yarn. They also have a lot of free patterns, a lot of them beginner friendly.
- http://etsy.com/ – Etsy is great if you’re looking for a specific pattern or material.
- http://www.knitrowan.com – Another great source of premium quality yarn and patterns.
THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED REGULARLY