This is a very easy pattern that I created a year ago and now I decided to make it free. The pattern works well for a standard dollar store mug. It adds volume and warmth to it. I never thought mug cozies are much of a practical thing, but they definitely look nice as a winter decoration. You could put them on display in your farmhouse kitchen or use them whenever you feel like your mug needs that extra hug 🙂
Ravelry project: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/classic-mug-cozy
What you‘ll need
- Big Twist Yarns Natural Blend – color: almond – 80% acrylic, 20% wool, super bulky (6)
- Stitch Studio by Nicole yarn – studio basic – 100% acrylic, color: brun, medium (4)
- Crochet hook size K/10.5 (6.50 mm) and size D/3 (3.25 mm)
- Wooden button by Sewology – 7/8 in 22mm
- Optional: Classic stoneware mug (12 fl. Oz /355 ml) – you can get it at Dollar Tree
- Needle and a thread to sew on the button.
- Start working with the almond yarn, use the bigger hook: 16ch
- 2ch, 16x Sc
- 2ch, 19x sc – add 3 sc evenly (every 4th or 5th loop – see the graphic chart)
- 2ch, 19 x Sc
- 2ch, 19 x Sc
- 2ch, 19 x Sc, fasten off, work the ends in.
- Begin working from the side (see pictures): 2ch, 3x sc
- 2ch, skip 1, sc,sc
- 2ch,sc,sc, fasten off, work the ends in.
- Use the brown yarn and the smaller hook to sc around the whole cozy.
- Sew on the button (see pictures).
Abbreviations and symbols
For pattern support contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org